Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Some Groovy New Music

Not too long ago Modest Mouse stirred up some attention. It's been about six years since their last album, and I've been kicking myself for missing their last tour in 2008 ever since. They recently released a brand new single off their forthcoming album "Strangers to Ourselves". The new song, "Lampshades on Fire," is spectacular. I can't believe how much I missed Isaac Brock's voice.


I love everything about the song. The singing, the lyrics, the funky guitar - everything about it screams Modest Mouse, but with a new edge. I can't wait for their new album, and if they go back on tour again I won't be missing their Vancouver appearance like I did last time!

Also, Emily Haines from Metric did a solo song in collaboration with Goldie Blox. Goldie Blox is a toy company whose mission it is to encourage more young woman to pursue careers in engineering - a valiant goal! The new song, "Lightning Strikes," and it's accompanying cartoon music video inspires you to not give up. If at first you don't succeed - try again. Just like any science experiment or attempt at new learning we can't let defeat deter us from our goal. It's a great motivational song and video.


No comments: