Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mother Mother

Not too long ago I went and saw Mother Mother with my family at the Orpheum in Vancouver! It was an incredible show. They played a great mix of new and old songs. USS (Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker) opened and got the crowd pretty pumped up. Their music is a little different from what I usually listen to, but it was pretty good! They have excellent stage presence and tons of energy. Their music reminded me a bit of Linkin Park, and they did a nice cover of Hey Ya! by Outkast.

Mother Mother finished their tour up in their home town of Vancouver and put on an unforgettable show. They were impeccable as usual - seamlessly transitioning from some songs into others and putting new twists on old songs. I've seen them three times now and they just get better and better. They played so many of their hits, and hearing them live was great. I forgot just how many hit songs they have, and their new album is awesome. Some of the great songs they played included Hayloft, O My Heart, Get Out The Way, Infinitesimal, Ghosting, Wrecking Ball, and Monkey Tree.

Here's a couple of my favourites :)




The Orpheum is also an excellent building. It's ornate in every way, shape, and form. The molding, and sculpture, and everything is amazing. I could stare at the building alone for hours on end - but I made sure to watch the performance as well! :P


Here's a short video someone at the concert recorded of them playing Infinitesimal.


No comments: