Monday, January 3, 2011

Xmas Videogames!

Xmas 2010 was pretty great! I got some vidja games! Now I need to find the time to play them all!




I got Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. The original ones on the SNES were amazing and a big part of my childhood so playing this game was a must. I must say Retro did a great job on the game - it doesn't disappoint in the slightest! A lot of it really takes me back, but they've also done a great job making it look good and introducing some new ideas and mechanics - it's definitely worth a look.

Donkey Kong Country Returns



I also got Kirby's Epic Yarn! I haven't had too much time to play this one yet, but the intro was pretty funny and fun and light and you know, good ole' Kirby. The graphics are interesting and look pretty darn good for yarn! I've only just begun so I can't attest to it's gameplay, but it seems like it'll shape up to be pretty fun!

Kirby's Epic Yarn


On the DS side of things I got Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis. I've never played the first one, but have always wondered what the game is like. I've heard it's pretty good and it looks like a game I like because of it's puzzlin' nature. I definitely wasn't expecting this game, but I'm really looking forward to playing it!

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis



Plants vs. Zombies! I love this game, and the edition I got came with a little zombie figurine! I promptly constructed the cardboard pylon and placed it atop it's head. I'm looking forward to starting this up again, I loved it, but the Steam version I had destroyed my save file, which, honestly, isn't the first game (poor GTA IV save data... I just wanna shoot stuff and drive around!).

Plants vs. Zombies

Some other games I didn't get but want to get (once I have time gah!) are:

Golden Sun
Phantom Brave
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes

No comments: