Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Music!

I've been listening to some new music! W00t!

Discovered Coconut Records the other day and have been listening to songs from their albums Nighttiming and Davy.

Also, The Dead Weather released their album Horehound not too long ago. Oh... and guess what?! They're coming to Vancouver! August 21 and 22. They have a sweet music video for Treat me Like Your Mother.

Brilliant as always, Modest Mouse, are releasing a new album - No One's First, and You're Next. All the songs of which are up on their MySpace at the moment. I'm really enjoying Guilty Cocker Spaniels.

I've also been listening to Wilco and their album A Ghost is Born which is an album from 2005 actually, but I'm really liking some of the songs on it. Company in my Back is probably my favorite song on there.

The Fiery Furnaces also released a new album called I'm Going Away. It's not as crazy as other albums - more structured and flowing, and it's really good! I can't really explain it, but the album review on Pitchfork has it - "After a half decade of booby-trapping many of their most charming melodies, the Furnaces have come full circle with I'm Going Away, a set of clean, straightforward tunes..."

No comments: