Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Olivia Tremor Control

Yesterday I got my much anticipated of Montreal album Skeletal Lamping. I've listened to it a ton already, but there's another band at the moment competing for my ear time. The Olivia Tremor Control. The music at points reminds me of The Beatles, but different - if that makes any sense at all! I've been listening to songs from their albums "Black Foliage: Animation Music," and "Music From the Unrealized Film Script: Dusk at Cubist Castle." Both are amazing.

I think I have a thing for most of the artists that spawned from the Elephant 6 Collective. The Olivia Tremor Control is another one of those artists. The Elephant 6 Collective is a Label which was home to a great many indie bands. It has since disbanded but many of the members remain friends and collaboration between members can be seen in various places. Spawning from E6 are some great bands which I would highly recommend.
  1. The Olivia Tremor Control
  2. Neutral Milk Hotel
  3. of Montreal ...of course :D
Some more info on the E6C can be found at Wikipedia

No comments: