Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pokemon Black

I'm super behind in my games - and I don't even want to consider the backlog in my steam account! Xenoblade Chronicles, Wonderful 101, Rayman Origins, Little King's Story, Pokemon Y, and a whole slew of others on steam (including XCom and the Bioshock series). However, I recently beat Pokemon Black! Yes, I'm that far behind - nearly 2 generations - it came out in 2011. Wow. However, it's been lots of fun, but I've still got to finish the post-game content. Here's my team!




A few of them are slow or otherwise very fragile, but I still like them. :) Emboar is pretty good all around. Swanna is decent and I just got to have someone with Fly. Excadrill is pretty powerful and resistant. Scolipede is a giant centipede so that's just awesome. Reuniclus has saved my butt more times than I can count. Lastly, Vanilluxe is ice cream! He's a little slow, but it's nice to have an ice pokemon for when I face those dragon types.

My dream team would be hard to pick because there are so many Pokemon I'd like to have on a team! I started collecting many of them in Pokemon Platinum - it was the first time you could get such a wide variety of them. I plan to trade them up to Pokemon Y at some point. Some of the Pokemon I'd really like to train up are:

Besides all the starters there's Magnezone, Tangrowth, Alakazam, Gyarados, Kabutops, Crobat, Ampharos, Slaking, Metagross, Aggron, Regigigas, Bastiodon, Bronzong, Garchomp, Toxicroak, Dusknoir, Crustle, Archeops, Haxorus, Golurk, Hydreigon, Aegislash, Goodra, Chandelure, and more!


Afterwards, I'll be onto Pokemon Y! I picked Froakie as my starter and I can't wait to get a Greninja. I've also started to use Greninja more in Super Smash Bros. and it only adds to my excitement!


There's some awesome websites out there as well for all things pokemon. Some of my favourites are Bulbapedia for information on just about everything, and Smogon for a list of competitive Pokemon builds. Also, Pokemon Showdown is neat for watching replays of Pokemon fights online, and you can even make your own team and battle as well!

No comments: