Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Nintendo Power Collection

When you move into a new house and pack up all of your stuff you get a better sense of how much "stuff" you have. So, in the spirit of reducing my material possessions, I've concluded, through much heartache, that my Nintendo Power magazines really do take up a LOT of space. I have nearly the entire collection in hard copy and am only missing about 20 or 30 in all out of 285... that's a lot of paper! And boy does it weigh a gosh darn ton (as my back can attest to).

That's only about half of them...
I don't want to completely get rid of them though... Nintendo Power was a huge part of my life growing up. My parents got me a subscription each year as part of my birthday present and I was always so excited to receive my newest issue. I'd read the magazine through cover to back and sometimes do it multiple times. This huge stack of coloured paper holds a plethora of nostalgia. How am I to part with it - while not parting with it?


Well the digital age is well upon us and it seems there are a good number of Nintendo Powers scanned and available online at websites like EmuParadise and RetroMags. Still, they only account for about half of the issues in existence... which means I'm still left with some hard copies. I wish I could find them all, but some extensive googling has turned up nothing past what the before mentioned websites already host.

What does that mean for me?! What will I do?! Well - I'm up for the task. I can pick up where others have left off I suppose. Let's start the scanning!!!!



...okay, so it's actually a lot of scanning. I'm worried I'll go through a scanner or two! I roughly calculated just over 15,000 pages to scan. COUGH. Ahem. Woah... *feeling mildly dizzy*

RRrrrr... Mmmm... Oh Gee... it hurts.
Ever wish you could clone yourself consequence free? It looks like I'll be holding onto some of my hard copies for some time to come. I'd like to start scanning them and completing the entire Nintendo Power digital collection, but even if I scanned 1 a week it would still take me nearly 3 years to finish... I guess I'll see. No promises!

No comments: