Sunday, June 7, 2015

Banjo-Kazooie! I mean... Yooka-Laylee!

I love finding neat things on Kickstarter. Well, to be honest I think someone else posted a link to Yooka-Laylee so perhaps you could say it found me! Or maybe you can say neither of those things and I simply came across it... but I'm not here to debate about that - I'm here to tell you about this super cool awesome new game on Kickstarter!



Remember the golden aged yester-years of the Super Nintendo and N64. Memories filled to the bring with Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, and other Rare titles. It's been an extremely long wait, but perhaps a kind of Rare-vival is happening. Members of Rare have started their own game studio called Playtonic. Their first game out of the gate looks an awful lot like a certain bear and bird duo. WOO!! The new game - Yooka-Laylee - features a Chameleon and Bat instead!


This game is one of the largest funded games on Kickstarter and there's still time to pledge! Please go support the talented team as they create the spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie games we all loved! It's already reached nearly all of it's milestones so they've promised to simultaneously launch the game on as many platforms as possible - that means PC, Linux, Mac, Wii U, Xbox One, and PS4!

Some super "cool" concept art.
If they reach their £2,000,000 mark they'll make even more content free for backers! Head over to their page to watch the video and get all excited like me!

No comments: