Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drawing in the Movies

Do you like movies? Do you like drawing? Well how about drawing in the movies?!

Okay, so I've been doing some of these sketches from movies. Basically, I'll pick a movie, pause it at any point in time, and then draw someone or something or whatever from that frame.

I think it's a pretty good exercise - the only problem is if you get too into the movie you'll forget about hitting that pause button and soon it'll be over and your sketchbook will be empty. :'(

Anyways, here are some of the ones I've done. I really want to do some more, but for now I've got Run Fatboy Run, Wayne's World, Napoleon Dynamite, School of Rock, and Sleepy Hollow.









I really like using pen. You really have to think about the lines you're placing down. One day I'd like to just be able to draw something with the perfect collection of lines, but I'm not quite there yet. If you take a look you'll probably be able to see some of my building lines underneath. I can't get rid of those in pen :P I tend to make a lot of circles... right... in the face...

No comments: