Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fairy Tales Die

I'm not entirely sure what to right about today, but I'd like to get in the habit of posting something ALMOST everyday. I've been eagerly following the comic "Scary Go Round" (It took me a good chunk of time to go through the archives and catch up to the present day comics - so worth it!) and I really want to do a little feature here and do a little write up on John Allison - because he's awesome :D

But... I'm tired from work today, and don't have the energy to put a lot of thought into much of anything right now lol. Instead, for now, (Sorry John A. just wait a little longer!) I'm going to put up one of my older poems that I recently found again and it always puts a smile on my face :D

Fairy Tales Die - By David Gray

One monstrous night I must believe,
Exactly what it is my eyes did see,
For when the night was almost done,
There was a bear, and only one,
Crossed my path with a lock of hair…
Stopped suddenly and stared…
The hair of which flowed golden round,
Seemed to make angelic sounds,
Smelled sweet and swayed around its jaw,
Until… and this is what I saw,
The bear did open its mouth all wide,
And there a lovely girl cried,
“I’m sorry bear, I really am,
Your porridge I won’t eat again,
Your chair I won’t sit upon,
And your bed I will not sleep there on,
But please, oh please, bear, let me go,
I beg you, beg you, ever so!”
But with a snap his jaw did close,
Made one large gulp and wiggled his nose,
About his belly a large bulge formed,
And for a moment it seemed to storm,
As if the child there within,
Struggled for life against her sin,
Until at once his belly ceased,
The movement gone… she was deceased.

No comments: